Baja Fish Tacos
1 lb. Boneless Cod (or any local white fish)
6 each Flour or corn tortillas
1 bag coleslaw mix
½ cup Mayonnaise
4 oz. DB’s Roasted Garlic & Chipotle Salsa
1 cup All-Purpose or Rice flour
1 tsp. Cayenne pepper
1 cup Soda Water
4 cup Canola Oil
TT Kosher Salt
TT Fresh Black Pepper
- Combine flour, cayenne pepper and a good pinch of salt and a few cracks of pepper, whisk together. Slowly add in the soda water while whisking just until the batter comes together, do not over mix. Add a few ice cubes to the batter and place in the fridge.
- Cut the fish into strips and place on da plate on top of paper towels.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the mayonnaise and salsa, then add in the coleslaw mixture and fold together, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed, set aside.
- Heat a cast iron pan or a large sided sauté pan with canola oil until temperature hits 350-375-degrees.
- Dip the fish sticks into the batter (stir the batter with a fork to mix it up) then drip off the excess batter, slowly lay it into the oil and begin to fry. About 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat until all the fish has been fried. Remove and lay on paper towels and season with a good pinch of salt right after it comes out of the oil.
- Place the fried fish in a tortilla and top with slaw.