Black Bean & Sweet Potato Enchiladas
1 each Diced sweet potatoes
1 each Can of black beans, liquid strained out
½ lbs. Shredded Monterey jack cheese
4 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
1 jar Saucy Habanero Salsa
½ each Spanish onion, diced
1 each Jalapeños peppers, minced
2 each Corn, shucked (kernels)
¼ cup Cilantro, chopped
6 each Flour or corn tortillas 12 in. non-GMO tortillas
2 cup Canola oil
2 tsp. Ground cumin
2 tsp. Ground coriander
1 tsp. Smoked paprika
2 tsp. Ground black pepper
2 tsp. Kosher salt
- Toss sweet potatoes with some vegetable oil, 1 tsp. each of cumin, coriander, smoked paprika and 1 tsp. of salt and pepper. Lay out evenly on sheet pans and bake on parchment paper in 375-degree oven for 20 minutes or until caramelized.
- Saute onions & jalapeños in vegetable oil until they begin to caramelize, then add corn and remaining spices and cook for another 5 minutes. Add in black beans and cook for 7 minutes until well incorporated, remove and cool.
- Combine sweet potatoes, black bean mixture & feta cheese and fold in together, trying not to mash up the sweet potatoes too much.
- Lay out tortillas and add even amounts of mixture into each tortilla and roll up.
- Line bottom of baking dish with a layer of salsa, then layer rolled tortillas inside.
- Top off with remaining salsa and then top with shredded cheese and bake covered with parchment and aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350-degrees.
- Uncover and reheat for service, add chopped cilantro and serve