Black Bean & Sweet Potato Enchiladas
- 1 each diced sweet potatoes
- 1 each can of black beans, liquid strained out
- ½ lbs shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 jar Saucy Habanero Salsa
- ½ each spanish onion, diced
- 1 each jalapeños peppers, minced
- 2 each corn, shucked (kernels)
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 6 each flour or corn tortillas 12 in. non-GMO tortillas
- 2 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- Toss sweet potatoes with some vegetable oil, 1 tsp. each of cumin, coriander, smoked paprika and 1 tsp. of salt and pepper. Lay out evenly on sheet pans and bake on parchment paper in 375-degree oven for 20 minutes or until caramelized.
- Saute onions & jalapeños in vegetable oil until they begin to caramelize, then add corn and remaining spices and cook for another 5 minutes. Add in black beans and cook for 7 minutes until well incorporated, remove and cool.
- Combine sweet potatoes, black bean mixture & feta cheese and fold in together, trying not to mash up the sweet potatoes too much.
- Lay out tortillas and add even amounts of mixture into each tortilla and roll up.
- Line bottom of baking dish with a layer of salsa, then layer rolled tortillas inside.
- Top off with remaining salsa and then top with shredded cheese and bake covered with parchment and aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350-degrees.
- Uncover and reheat for service, add chopped cilantro and serve