Original Three-Bean Chili
- 1 each Spanish onion, small diced
- 3 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 each green bell pepper, diced
- 1 each can of kidney, black and pinto beans, liquid drained
- 32 oz canned crushed Tomatoes
- 1 lb choice of ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 3 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp ground coriander
- ½ cup chili powder
- 1 jar Saucy Chipotle Salsa
- Heat large Dutch oven with some olive oil and begin to sauté the onions for 5 minutes on medium-high heat. Add peppers and garlic and sauté for another 5-7 minutes, season with a good pinch of kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
- Add ground beef and cook for 15 minutes, or until meat begins to brown. Drain off excess liquid.
- Return the pot to the stove, add tomatoes and salsa and simmer for 30-45 minutes covered stirring occasionally.
- Serve chili with a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt and shredded cheese and enjoy!