Queso Dip Chipotle Salsa
- 4 cups shredded cheese (Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Colby Mix)
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 each garlic clove, minced
- 13 oz evaporated milk (1 can, not low fat)
- 1 jar Saucy Chipotle Salsa
- ½ tsp each onion powder, garlic powder, cumin
- 2 -3 Tbsp whole milk
- Place cheese and cornstarch in a bowl, toss to coat.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan or small pot.
- Add garlic and cook slowly for 3 minutes or until translucent but not browned.
- Add salsa and cook for 2 minutes or until the mixture begins to get hot.
- Add evaporated milk and cheese. Stir, then add spices.
- Stir until cheese melts and it becomes a silky sauce.
- Add salt to taste - amount required depends on saltiness of cheese used.
- Stir in milk to adjust consistency (1 tbsp. at a time) the dip thickens when it cools.
- Remove from heat. Serve warm or at room temperature - it will be soft and scoopable even when it cools.