- 2 lbs live lobsters
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 3 slices bacon, cut into strips
- 1 each shallot, small diced
- 2 each limes, cut in half
- 2 each lemons, cut in half
- 8 oz Saucy Habanero Salsa
- 1 each avocado, sliced thin
- 8-10 each tortillas
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with the lemons and a hefty pinch of salt so that the water tastes like the ocean. Make an ice water bath and set aside.
- Take the lobster and using a knife spilt the head in half. Using a kitchen towel, remove the tail by twisting the body, then remove the knuckle and claw. Using a wooden skewer run it through the tail from end to end to keep the tail from curling up.
- Set a timer to 6 minutes, add in the claws and knuckles to the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes, then add the tail and cook until the timer goes off, remove and place in ice water bath.
- Remove lobster and being to remove the tail meat by holding in your hand with a kitchen towel and squeeze it till the shell cracks, then pull out the tail meat.
- Using the back of a chef’s knife, place the claw upright then hit it with the back of the knife just till it cracks the claw then twist the knife to the side and split the shell open, carefully pull out the claw meat.
- Using a kitchen shear cut open the knuckle meat by splitting it in half and pulling out the meat.
- In a medium sauté pan cook the bacon and shallots on low heat till the bacon begins to crisp. Add in the corn and cook for 2 minutes then finish with the pinto beans. Using the back of a wooden spoon smash the beans up a little, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
- Warm the lobster meat in a sauté pan with the butter and a pinch of salt and fresh pepper.
- Layer the bean mixture on the bottom of warm tortilla then top with lobster, salsa and squeeze of fresh lime juice.