Mexican Street Corn Orzo Salad
- 1 cup orzo, rinsed under cold water
- 1 ½ cupwater to cook to orzo
- 4 ears fresh corn kernels
- 2 orange peppers, seeded and 14 inch diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 32oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- ¼ cup Saucy Chipotle Salsa
- ½ lime
- ¼ bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 oz. queso fresco, grated
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- Salt & cracked black pepper to taste
- Bring water, good pinch of salt and olive oil to a boil. Add in orzo and stir, then reduce heat and cover for 15-20 minutes until orzo is tender. Strain and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together mayo, salsa and lime juice.
- Heat a large saute pan with olive oil until it begins to smoke. Add in corn and cook until the corn begins to brown. Add in peppers and cook for another 3-5 minutes, season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes, kidney beans and toss together. Add in orzo and dressing and toss together.
- Place salad in a large serving bowl, garnish with cilantro and queso fresco.