Baja Fish Tacos
- 1 lb boneless cod (or any local white fish)
- 6 each flour or corn tortillas
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 oz Saucy Chipotle Salsa
- 1 cup all-purpose or rice flour
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup soda Water
- 4 cup canola Oil
- Black pepper & kosher salt to taste
- Combine flour, cayenne pepper and a good pinch of salt and a few cracks of pepper, whisk together. Slowly add in the soda water while whisking just until the batter comes together, do not over mix. Add a few ice cubes to the batter and place in the fridge.
- Cut the fish into strips and place on plate on top of paper towels.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the mayonnaise and salsa, then add in the coleslaw mixture and fold together, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed, set aside.
- Heat a cast iron pan or a large sided sauté pan with canola oil until temperature hits 350-375-degrees.
- Dip the fish sticks into the batter (stir the batter with a fork to mix it up) then drip off the excess batter, slowly lay it into the oil and begin to fry. About 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat until all the fish has been fried. Remove and lay on paper towels and season with a good pinch of salt right after it comes out of the oil.
- Place the fried fish in a tortilla and top with slaw.