Arroz Con Pollo
- 4 each chicken thighs & legs
- ½ each spanish onion, small diced
- 2 cup long grain white rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 jar Saucy Classic Salsa
- ½ cup fresh or frozen English peas
- 1 cup sliced piquillo peppers
- 3 Tbsp paprika
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add oil and sauté in a medium Dutch oven or 12-14-inch sauté pan with lid. Cook until browned on all sides, remove and set aside.
- Add onions and slowly cook until tender and translucent. Add in the rice and stir to coat rice with onions and oil.
- Sprinkle in the paprika and cook for 2 minutes to coat well. Add the water, salsa and chicken back to the pot, stir together and then add in the sliced peppers and peas, bring to a simmer then cover for 20-30 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Remove lid and fluff with a fork, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and fold in the sliced piquillo peppers, garnish with chopped cilantro